Homepage Forums Staff Care Western models of staff care for non-western humanitarian responders ?

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear colleagues,

I hope you don’t mind me making contact with you via this forum.

My name is Julia Warrington and I have worked in Save the Children’s Humanitarian Department (UK) for 12 years. My role focuses on the deployment of humanitarian staff to emergency responses and country programmes; this work has led me to develop a deep interest in the subject of staff wellbeing and resilience and as a result, I have been studying aspects of humanitarian psychosocial support for several years. I am now undertaking research in order to complete my Masters in ‘International Psychosocial Humanitarian Intervention’ via the University of East London, (UEL) UK.

My research project seeks to better understand the impact of resilience building and psychosocial support provided to humanitarian workers by their employers, and I’m hoping to connect with a number of participants through this forum who are willing to share their experiences of staff care with me.

I’m particularly interested to hear from non-western, internationally deployable humanitarian staff, who appear to be under-represented in this area of research.

Involvement in the study would entail a 60-minute interview with myself – a big ask; I understand how precious your time is..

My research proposal received ethical approval in September 2018 from the Ethics Board of the University of East London and will adhere to the British Psychological Society’s strict ethical guidelines for research, available here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/files/atoms/files/bps_code_of_human_research_ethics.pdf
    All data will be stored in accordance with current UK data protection laws and anonymised.

If you are interested in sharing your thoughts and experiences of staff wellbeing with me, please contact me either directly at:
    jools2016@gmail.com
    or via my academic email address:
    u0940915@uel.ac.uk.

Once in touch, I can provide you with more information about the project – and your part in it. Please forward this invitation to colleagues who you think may be interested in participating.

Yours respectfully,

Julia Warrington.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/julia-warrington.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.