Homepage Forums General Discussion How to launch this site successfully!

Tagged: 

• Author

Malcolm Johnstone
    Participant

If you’re here, you probably want this site to be a success! I think it is an idea whose time as come. A place to centralize knowledge in the multitude of humanitarian disciplines – searchable, up to date, personal – I really hope that this takes off.

How can we make this happen? Jot your thoughts on this chain.

My thoughts would be to reach out to the admins of all the various email groups that we’re part of – dgroups on shelter, urban response and DRR. Calp groups on cash in emergencies. FB groups. Etc. I’d like to see these groups hold their discussions on this site – achieving better knowledge management and better coordination in with all the other groups out there.

AWN can do this. Let’s do this.

Linda
    Keymaster

Hi, Malcolm – thanks for this! And apologies for the slow response. I’ve tried to reach out to all of the folks you’ve mentioned, except for the DRR CoP, and have not been able to get any interest. If you have any suggestions on how to do this more effectively – or if you would like to approach them separately to get their thoughts – I’d certainly welcome the support. Perhaps if we can’t some of the acknowledged experts to start discussing on this site, the others will follow 🙂 Any ideas of where to start?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.